Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

Unterschiede Holley / Edelbrock

Mal eine Frage...
Wo liegt eigentlich der Unterschied zwischen Holley und Edelbrock Vergasern ? Speziell 750er.. Also ein Holley 3310 hat ja die zweite Stufe über Unterdruck , hat Edelbrock das auch ? Oder ist der komplett mechanisch ?
Soll ja bei nem 2000 Stall Speed Wandler und langer Achsübersetzung wie mein Olds es im Moment noch hat mit mechanischer zweiter Stufe nicht funktionieren , laut Holley... Ist das wirklich so ?
Habe bei Edelbrock auch nichts gefunden welchen Vergaser man am besten wofür nimmt... Gibts ja bei Holley auf der Seite..
Wäre dankbar für ein paar Infos bzw. Meinungen.
Carsten

Hello Carsten,

I was hoping somebody would jump in and answer your question but nobody has so I'll add my .02 cents.

The Holley 4160 series (3310 model number is one) is similar to an Edelbrock in that the secondaries are vacuum actuated. The difference is that on a Holley only the primaries open when you move the throttle lever. On an Edelbrock (which is a Carter AFB) the secondaries are mechanically opened with the throttle, but the "Air Doors" above the secondaries open via vacuum. This is similar to the operation of the best carburetor ever produced the Rochester Quadrajet.

Due to this fact, Edelbrock won't have a recommendation as holley would between vacuum vs. mechanical. I believe the more performance oriented Edelbrocks are based on the Carter AVS vs the AFB. Sure some Mopar fans here can correct me if I'm wrong on that fact.

I believe the AFB also has all of the gas contained in the carb under the gasket line allowing a person remove the top of the carb to make changes without spilling fuel. On a Holley you have to empty the bowls, either in a cub or on your intake manifold. :-)

With your low stall convertor I would stay with a vacuum secondary carb. A vacuum secondary carb is a band-aid for low stall convertor vehicles.

I don't have much Edelbrock experience but many fans of the carb choose them over Holley due to easier tuning, better street manners and fuel economy.

I do have experience with a Holley 3310 and it is a great carb also. This is probably why it was installed on so many vehicles from the factory in the late 60's.

Either a 4160 Holley or Edelbrock would work nicely for you. I personnaly would recommend an Rochester Quadrajet from Sean Murphy. I have one on my 70 pickup and it runs like it's fuel injected. Sean did Jet's line of carbs and really knows his way around a Rochester. The Rochester will provide you with the best driveability and best fuel economy.

http://www.smicarburetor.com/

Alex

Ok... I think i will leave the Holley on my engine , allthough i think it is a little bit to big for that engine ( there was a 600cfm on it , but it did not work over 5000rpm).With the 750cfm it works better , but i will change secondary spring , so that it might open earlier (and maybe i am sure then , that it will open fully ,because i can not see if it opens fully...?) I will have to change the converter , too , because the Weiand intake works from 2500 up very good and there are this 500 to 700 rpm`s in which the car accelerates like a stock 160hp Olds Bawling
I am more into Weber carbs , so it is a little mystery with the Holley for me , to find out if it works like it should...
Thanks , Carsten

Little trick to see how far the secondaries open. Put a paperclip on the rod coming down from the secondary diaphram and bend it on the rod so that it is tight, but loose enough to be moved by physical interference with the bottom of the diaphram housing. Take a drive, pop the hood and see how far the paperclip has moved down.

Edelbrock Vergaser sind nach meiner Erfahrung immer sehr mager abgestimmt. Bei Nockenwellen über ca. 230° bei 050 hab ich mit einem Edelbrock noch nie was hinbekommen. Weiß wohl, das es geht, ist mir aber nie gelungen.
Ist auch immer eine Frage der Ersatzteilsammlung, Düsen, Nadeln, Air Bleeds etc., die man sich zulegt. Passt nunmal nichts vom Edelbrock zum Holley. Deshalb solltest du dich bei Zeiten für ein Fabrikat entscheiden.

Grundsätzlich würde ich auch erstmal bei einem Vacuum Vergaser bleiben.
3310 / 750 funktioniert eigentlich immer, wenn auch auf deinem Motor im Teillast und Leerlauf vermutlich zu fett. Ansprechverhalten wird sicherlich etwas schlechter sein als mit dem 600 er.

Ist definitiv schlechter im Teillastbereich und beim Ansprechen... Wenn er erst mal "rollt" und ich bei ca 5800 schalte , dann läuft er richtig gut. Das losfahren ging mit dem 600er besser aber da ging ihm obenrum ab ca. 4700..4900 merklich die Luft aus und über ca 5200 ging gar nichts mehr.
Ich denke mal , es liegt aber auch an der langen originalen Achsübersetzung . Der Kotz kommt einfach nicht aus dem Quark.
Hab jetzt ne zweite Achse und such ne kurze Übersetzung , was aber eben nicht gerade einfach ist , dafür mal eben ne plug and play Lösung zu finden... Sche.... G-Body Technik eben..
Danke , Carsten

How much vacuum are you pulling cruising? Have you cruised with a vaccum gauge to see at what vacuum level at 'teillast' the motor is not pulling right? Might need a PV modification. 6.5 is stock and is usually sufficient for the transfer between circuits.

We ran a 3310 on the LUV truck until high 11's and then had to go to a DP due to higher fuel requirements at launch with increased traction and I used a 3310 on my 69 Chevelle with a 468 and would rev that SOB to 6500 no problem. Sounds like you need some carb tuning.

Will do that next week , borrowed me a very good tool from BOSCH yesterday which is very very exactly .

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
Letzter Beitrag von
Vor weniger als 1 Minute
Letzter Beitrag von
Vor weniger als 1 Minute
Letzter Beitrag von
Vor weniger als 1 Minute
Letzter Beitrag von
Vor weniger als 1 Minute
Letzter Beitrag von
Vor weniger als 1 Minute